Wednesday, August 1, 2012

John Denver Had It Right

And it's goodbye again
I'm sorry to be leaving you
Goodbye again
As if you didn't know,
It's goodbye again
I wish you could tell me,
Why do we always fight when I have to go?
Not that we fought this time...and not that I'm headed straight back to work...but I'm leaving home today, and this time I won't be home again until August 24. That's over 3 weeks. It wasn't supposed to be this way, really; it was my company's fault, really; and I'm looking forward to visiting my Dallas family, really, but really, I don't want to leave home, really.
Your prayers, please...this is not an easy time for David, and it won't be easy for me, either. Maybe God's timing is impeccable, but it doesn't feel very good to me.  Especially pray for David...and I guess especially for me too.
I guess this is what the sailors' life feels like. I kinda think it stinks. At least today it does.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh sadness - I'm sorry :(. Will be praying for you and David. Daniel and I were just reflecting the other day (as we thought of you two) that our days spent long-distance when I was away on rotations were some of the hardest and darkest... for both of us (but especially for Daniel... since he was home alone a lot). Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC