Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Day in the Life

The time-before-last that I was home, it got sunny a couple times.  So we went outside.   And then I blogged about it and never published it.

Eh, what the heck.  Why waste a good post.

Nothing super inspiring.  Or inspiring at all.  Just a day in the life.

Welcome to our home.

Our friend the ground hog has moved into the old foxes' den by the railroad tracks...he came out and put on a show for us.
I think he looks like a tiny beaver.  He wags his tail like a dog.

Dave bought a new .22 that looks like one of those old cowboy-style revolvers (I can shoot straight, but that don't mean I know one gun from another).
We walked down to the lake (scaring the ground hog away, more's the pity).  The ice was so thin, we were able to make waves enough to break off big chunks of it.
See?  Cowboy.
Two hits... 
...three... 
...four... 
Then it was my turn.
I don't wear these jeans in publicI just feature them on my blog.
"Tight enough to show you're a woman, loose enough to show you're a lady."
That's my normal motto.  Unless I gain 5-10 pounds and don't have any Fat Jeans left.
I would look better if I'd been holding it at my hip, straight out of the holster, like a real gun slinger...but most accidental misfires happen when trying to de-holster.

I don't own a holster, anyway.

Dave, with the one-handed thing.
 
Our "target" by the end.  The citronella candle it used to be had been blown to smithereens by then, and I fear that bucket will never hold water again.
No animals were harmed in the making of this post.  The groundhog has since been spotted happily wagging his tail and crossing the train tracks.  Welcome to our back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC