Monday, October 8, 2012

The Field Egg

Good morning! I'm working the field today, meaning I've been offshore since I first took off this morning. I've actually already had a lunch break, even, and some offshore coffee. I remember hearing that the oil fields were a rough place for a woman, but I've found that it's not so bad. Everybody's polite and most everyone is good humored. I think somehow they see me as a Lady instead of as "the pilot." This makes things better. In Hot Fuzz, when Nick meets the one police woman on the force, he says "she's not a police woman, she's a police officer, being a woman has nothing to do with it." And she replies, "Oh I don't know, it comes in handy every now and then."  I feel like I get that, though I never thought I would.

This writing daily thing is rougher than I thought it would be. It's hard to write without inspiration. But I thought I had enough daily inspiration to get this done for thirty-one days...apparently, when I have the inspiration, I have no discipline, and when exercising discipline, there's no inspiration to make it easier. I guess that's why they call this an exercise.

Here's hoping you're having an inspired yet disciplined Monday.


2 comments:

  1. I did have a rather disciplined Monday! I went to yoga... and stayed, despite the instructor being the WORST. I was so close to just making something up, like--"Oh! Shoot... I just realized I left the oven on. I better go back home. Can't stay for class." But I stayed. And sweated. And it was fine. I also made beef stroganoff and creamy brussel sprouts for dinner and even practiced Hypnobabies. I hope the rest of your day felt more inspired. Some days are just like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad you had a good Monday! What happened to your yoga instructor? I'm inspired to go outside and do some calisthenics now!

      Delete

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC